Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 5

Day 5 started out great. Had a follow up appointment with my surgeon and everything is healing up well. He reduced my elastic wear to while I'm sleeping and a few hours after lunch only. Woo hoo! To celebrate my new found freedom my husband and I went to Denny's for breakfast. One of my fellow jaw surgery bloggers mentioned that she ate some french toast and for some reason it wormed its way into my brain and I absolutely had to have it. It took me an hour to eat one piece and it was seriously the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

Took the dogs for a 45 minute walk today which wiped me out for the rest of the day. It was great to get some fresh air, sunshine and exercise but I guess 45 minutes in a row was too much. I had to wear a scarf because the cold air hurt going in through my newly clear sinuses.

Tried to eat a finely chopped burrito from Chipotle for dinner. It tasted really good but there were just too many little particles and pieces. I ended up pureeing the rest of it and drinking it.

After dinner I took a shower, brushed my teeth and cleaned my nose. It took an hour and a half but I felt sooooo good after I was finished. Until the headache from hell hit. It completely disabled me for the rest of the night and the only thing that gave me some relief was my bed buddy, a sock-like thing filled with rice that I would heat up in the microwave and place on my head and face. The moist heat felt good. I know this is all part of the healing process while my skull puts itself back together and I just need to be patient. Anyone who knows me knows that patience is not one of my finer virtues, but I'm working on it. :-)

I felt so dreadful last night that I didn't take a picture. If I had, the caption would have read something like "I feel just as bad as I look in this picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment