Friday, December 23, 2011

Last Pre-Surgical Items Complete.....Let the Countdown Begin!

Yesterday I had surgical hooks put on my teeth. They are little wire hooks attached to my 2 top central incisors and my 2 bottom central incisors that will be used to band my mouth shut during recovery. I LOVE the ortho assistant who put them on - she put these wire hooks in instead of the kind that crimp onto the wire because they can be bent out of the way when they aren't needed and are easier to adjust to. It took her a lot longer to get them in than the crimpable hooks and I really appreciate the effort. Picture to follow soon.....

Today I had my pre-surgical bloodwork drawn at the hospital where my surgery will be done. This completes my pre-surgical workup and all that's left to do is wait.....and EAT. I want - make that have a compulsive need - to get my fill of all the things I'll miss while I'm on a liquid and mush diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment