Monday, October 22, 2012

10 Months and Counting

Before my surgery I read every jaw surgery blog I could find, especially those of folks with open bites like mine. They were incredibly helpful to help me prepare for my surgery and get an idea of what I might look like in the end. Those blogs inspired me to start this blog to help future jaw surgery patients and also keep my family and friends informed. I swore to myself I wouldn't become one of "those bloggers" who just dropped off the face of the earth one day and stopped posting, and, well, I became one of "those bloggers". I'm so sorry about that! I'm back now to fill you in on what's been happening since my last update.

I had a 2nd opinion with another surgeon at the 4.5 month mark (my 2nd choice surgeon, someone I felt very comfortable with and whose opinion I trusted). He did a very thorough exam and said that my surgical results were excellent and within the normal range for being 4.5 months after surgery. He said the mobility I experienced at that point was due to the short roots on my upper teeth and should go away when my braces come off. It was such a relief to know I won't need another surgery!

I developed a problem with my right maxillary sinus at the 8 month mark that I'm sure is a side effect of the surgery. One day I was fine, and the next day I couldn't breathe out of my right nostril. Just like that. Thankfully it's not infected but it is very inflammed and will not drain. My surgeon said he could enlarge the sinus opening when he does the implant procedure, but since that is a long way off (after my braces come off), I started taking a nasal steroid spray which has helped immensely.

Although I'm at the 10 month mark, my bite is still off and changes after each adjustment. My front teeth are banging together again and they are all mobile. Some of the teeth in my mouth don't touch at all. I really thought I would be closer to the finish line by now and at this rate it will probably be another year (my guesstimate given how my treatment has been handled so far). We'll see.

I will post new pictures soon - as soon as I can sweet-talk my husband into taking them :-)

29 comments:

  1. it's so refreshing to see a post that talks straight to the point. thanks so much for writing about this it has really helped me with building my experience. thanks a lot



    siberian husky puppies for sale near me
    Siberian Husky puppies
    Siberian Husky puppies for adoption
    Siberian Husky puppies breeders near me

    white Siberian Husky puppies

    ReplyDelete
  2. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Å ta medisinen din som foreskrevet eller medikamentoverholdelse er viktig for å kontrollere kroniske tilstander,
    behandling av midlertidige forhold, og generelt langsiktig helse og velvære. En personlig forbindelse med helsevesenet
    leverandør eller apotek er en viktig del av overholdelse av medisiner


    adderall danmark

    adderall sverige

    stilnoct online sverige

    köpa imovane

    ReplyDelete
  4. At tage din medicin som ordineret eller medicinoverholdelse er vigtig for at kontrollere kroniske tilstande,
    behandling af midlertidige tilstande og generel langvarig sundhed og velvære. En personlig forbindelse med din sundhedspleje
    udbyder eller apotek er en vigtig del af overholdelse af medicin


    adderall danmark
    køb imovane i danmark
    köpa imovane
    imovane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Läkemedel är kemikalier eller föreningar som används för att bota, stoppa eller förebygga sjukdomar. lindra symtom; eller hjälp vid diagnos av sjukdomar.
    Framsteg inom läkemedel har gjort det möjligt för läkare att bota många sjukdomar och rädda liv.

    sibutramin online
    imovane
    köpa imovane
    adderall danmark
    adderall pris
    xanax 2 mg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking your medicine as prescribed or medication adherence is important for controlling chronic conditions,
    treating temporary conditions, and overall long-term health and well-being. A personal connection with your health-care provider or pharmacist is an important part of medication adherence.

    imovane
    köpa imovane i danmark
    imovane 7 5 mg
    reductil sibutramine 15mg
    oxikodon pris
    tramadol 100mg

    ReplyDelete
  7. At tage din medicin som ordineret eller medicinoverholdelse er vigtig for at kontrollere kroniske tilstande,
    behandling af midlertidige tilstande og generel langvarig sundhed og velvære. En personlig forbindelse med din sundhedsudbyder eller apotek er en vigtig del af overholdelse af medicin.

    imovane
    køb imovane i danmark
    imovane 7 5 mg
    reductil sibutramin 15mg
    oxikodon pris
    tramadol 100mg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking your medicine as prescribed or medication adherence is important for controlling chronic conditions,
    treating temporary conditions, and overall long-term health and well-being. A personal connection with your health-care provider or pharmacist is an important part of medication adherence.

    imovane
    köpa imovane i danmark
    imovane 7 5 mg
    reductil sibutramine 15mg
    xanax gadepris
    tramadol 100mg

    ReplyDelete
  9. treating temporary conditions, and overall long-term health and well-being. A personal connection with your health-care provider or pharmacist is an important part of medication adherence.

    Kjøp imovane online Norge
    köpa imovane i danmark
    køb imovane i sverige
    reductil
    sobril uten resept
    adderall sverige

    ReplyDelete
  10. Takeup First has many designs for bags and handbags. The quality of our bags is top-quality. Our ladies ‘ purses feature interior and exterior compartments as well as pockets to store things that are more personal, including stylish straps and zippers. The contemporary designs of our bags are distinctive and the fabric chosen is very robust, making them durable.
    buy cross body bags

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you willing to purchase your favored handbags at a reasonable price range? Do you like collecting various sorts and designs of bags to flaunt them at parties? If yes, this is the correct spot for you to add your wardrobe with trendy and spectacular ladies' handbags from our site!
    buy cross body bags

    ReplyDelete